Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Exit Strategy

I've been thinking about this for weeks and I am so excited. I was thinking one day of how I really need to find a cheaper place to live so I can actually have money to do things, like actually go somewhere on my vacation or get a car newer than 1989.  Not to mention the whole "I'm sick of my job" thing.  My mom is fed up with the whole living situation too. She doesn't get much from Social Security and last May was laid off from her job of nearly 20 years. We got to talking and started tossing around the idea of living in a campervan. Surprisingly, we were both all for it. It has now evolved to a  travel trailer that is small enough to pull behind her V6 SUV.

We are tired of living paycheck to paycheck in a place we hate being. What is the point??  Who is to say we have to live here, in this situation, until we die? Why shouldn't we change our lives? If we try it and we don't like it, we can always go back to a stick and brick house like everyone else.

Most of the people we have told, and we haven't told too many, are skeptical.  Or, better yet, the nod and smile like they are humoring us. So, we continue to make our plans.  We pack what we want to keep and make trips to the goodwill.  After we get our tax returns back, we will be looking for something we can afford. I am doing tons of research and learning things I never thought I would. 

Mom and I will start out together, but the goal is for us to save enough money to eventually have my own vehicle and trailer. I really really want a little vintage travel trailer like a Shasta or a Scotty. I recently read a great book, Glamping with MaryJane by Mary Jane Butters.



 It made me set my dreams a little higher and think that I could really do this. That I am capable. It is a wonderful book and available in Kindle as well as print. You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB3HUQ8/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

Even if you don't want to live in a trailer full time like I do, It's a great read! I could totally see myself living in something like this










Or this



Love the yellow and silver!


I'm off to dream!




No comments:

Post a Comment