Sunday, July 6, 2014

Getting Close

The 4th of July has passed and it's been great getting to see my cousins and their little ones. I have 14 days left of work and I am so excited!! I love kids, but I am beyond burned out. I'm ready to see and do new things, even if it means being poor in the process.

Two weeks from this Wednesday we will have pulled together enough money to get something to get us started. It won't be fancy, but we'll be able to head out.

The last few weeks have made me realize that I need to have stuff for a picnic. About a year ago I found this in a box I bought at an auction for $2.50.





This is a Skotch Kooler. This fiberglass insulated cooler was made in the 1950's by designer Petra Cabot.  It's a good size (4 gallon) insulated bucket and I adore it for day trips. It does a great job of keep things cool. I would really love to find the vintage matching 2 gallon Skotch Jug to go with this.



And perhaps a thermos.


I am really growing to love packing up my kooler and heading out to see something different. Just driving and seeing where the day takes us. I like being able to pull over at a park and have everything ready to have a bite to eat. I find it relaxing and refreshing.

There are more things I need to add to my picnic setup though. I would like some dishware, a blanket, a tablecloth..... Somewhere in my boxes I have plastic flatware for two from Rick Steves which includes a wine corkscrew.
It's so handy to have a way to contain dirty flatware.




But most of all, I want to find a great picnic basket.  Hopefully I can find a good one second hand that has a lot of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment